Social and environmental activities
Fully aware of the responsibility of a company dealing in petroleum and petrochemical products, Taiyo Oil engages in CSR activities focusing on ″geoenvironmental considerations,″ ″community-based social action programs,″ and ″emphasis on compliance.″
- Taiyo Oil will be promoting its CSR activities in a broad range of areas from the ″contribution to the environmental and social spheres″ to ″compliance and improvement in internal structure for it.″
- The ″CSR Promotion Department,″ which was set up in July 2005 with the intention of making it a central aspect of CSR activities, has been reorganized as the ″CSR Group, General Affairs Department," to promote the CSR activities of Taiyo Oil and conduct services relating to compliance, for the ″Auditing Department″ to carry out internal auditing services (audit of the status of compliance by individual divisions, etc.), and for the ″Planning Group, Corporate Planning Department″ to perform risk management.
Policy and attitude
- Taiyo Oil aims to be a business enterprise that can make a wide-ranging contribution to society, while simultaneously giving due consideration to the global environment, in line with the commitments set out in the ″corporate philosophy.″
- Taiyo Oil, which owns two business establishments (Shikoku Operations and Yamaguchi Operations), will always be engaged in activities that make a contribution to the local communities, with emphasis on communications with the community.
Status of efforts
- Taiyo Oil participates and cooperates in a variety of local activities so as to promote communication with the community and local residents. For details of these activities, please refer to the ″Regional and social action programs.″