Taiyo Oil recently held a BCP (Business Continuity Plan) training session as outlined below which focused on protocol to be carried out at the time of a large-scale earthquake disaster.
During this training session, participants confirmed the duties of each departments and related procedures involved in the entire supply chain, from the procurement of petroleum products to the supply of such products to service stations, with the assumption that production facilities have been shut down caused by a massive earthquake originating from the Nankai Trough. At the same time, the BCP was checked for effectiveness and issues were addressed.
Taiyo Oil will continue to hold training sessions based on various possible scenarios and appropriately improving our BCP by feeding back input from these activities in order to prevent any interruption in the supply of oil and petrochemical product in the event that a major disaster strikes.
Date and time
Friday, December 12th, 2014 from 2 pm to 3:30 pm
Taiyo Oil Head Office, Shikoku Operations, and Retail Planning & Promotion Department (located in Ehime Prefecture)
- BCP office staff (9 persons)
- Officials and staff working at procurement, logistics, and sales related departments as well as departments in charge of drum procurement and transport (25 persons total)
Aim of training
- To confirm the duties and procedures of each department as related to BCP.
- To check BCP effectiveness and address issues.
Details of training
- Training was started under the scenario that a massive earthquake originating from the Nankai Trough occurred at 9 am and the BCP Office was launched into operation (training started 5 hours after that).
- The duties and procedures of each department, including those devastated by the mock disaster, were confirmed all under the assumption that ground shipments of petroleum products would be continued through the use of emergency generators despite company production facilities being shut down due to power outages. Operation status reports were provided to the BCP Office.
- Communication skills were also practiced using a satellite telephone from the affected area.
During training at the Head Office
During training at Shikoku Operations