Taiyo Oil transported and set up a high-capacity foam discharge system at Shikoku Operations (Hiroshi Morohara, General Manager) in cooperation with the police headquarters of both Ehime and Kagawa Prefectures as well as the Setouchi Regional Collaborative Disaster Prevention Committee, which was used in a firefighting drill.
This mock disaster exercise was conducted based a fire having broken out in an outdoor oil storage tank due to its floating roof collapsing in a magnitude 9.0 earthquake originating in the Nankai Trough.
The drill was conducted for the purpose of verifying the system: notifying each relevant agency and requesting mobilization of the system, and confirming the operational flow from transport, to set up, to the actual firefighting.
Through this drill, Taiyo Oil is working to further enhance its collaborative abilities with the relevant agencies in order to provide a rapid and sure emergency response in a major disaster.
Date & time
June 24 (Wednesday) 2015, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
T-026 Outdoor Oil Storage Tank, Shikoku Operations, Taiyo Oil Co., Ltd.
Shikoku Bureau of Economy, Trade and Industry, 14th Brigade of the SDF, Taiyo Oil
- Ehime and Kagawa Prefectures
- Ehime Prefectural Police Headquarters, Kagawa Prefectural Police Headquarters, Imabari Police Station, and Sakaide Police Station
- Imabari City Fire Department Headquarters
- Setouchi Regional Collaborative Disaster Prevention Committee and the Kagawa Trucking Association
- Support staff from three businesses in Ehime Prefecture (Japan Underground Oil Storage, Namikata Terminal, and Cosmo Matsuyama Oil)
Provided notification to related agencies, implemented smooth machinery process management and collaboration with related agencies through information sharing, etc.
Transport, Set Up, and Firefighting Drill
A high-capacity foam discharge system was transported by four large trucks with a police escort leading the way from Sakaide Distribution Center, Cosmo Oil Co., Ltd.
Scenes from the Drill
Transport of the foam discharge system with a police patrol car leading the way